Risk Appetite Oversight
The role of risk appetite governance is to provide a decision making framework that is logical, robust and repeatable to govern an organisation’s risk appetite. In this way, an organisation will have a structured approach to make strategic and operational decisions about conformance with and changes to their risk appetite.
Example Risk Appetite Oversight Map
Governor enables you to draw maps of the risk category structure and to define the quantitative and qualitative indicators that are related to that structure. For each item you can define the people in charge and the approach for assessing status. Governor then enables you to gather metrics and other data and present it to the relevant people so that they can make informed decisions.
Key functions include:
- Automatically pull metric data from other systems
- Workflow enable the metric collection and status assessment process
- Include commentary, discussions and attachments
- Link items to any other items
- Set appetite thresholds for all risks
- Tag risks with items such as: products, legal entities, risk types, committees, etc.
- Filter views by tags, status, date, etc.
- Drill through the map to understand cause and effect
- See how the risk appetite map looked at any date in the past
- Set security so that people can only view/edit relevant parts of a map
- Works on desktops and mobile devices